Heat restrictions?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm driving to the station this morning, and I get a text from Amtrak advising me of reduced speeds on my 9 AM trip Baltimore to DC due to heat restrictions. I looked at the outside temperature display on my dashboard, and the temperature as 67 F! A little cool for heat restrictions, I would think. Forecast for today is a high of 79 with off and on rain.

Perhaps they just issue this notice nationally, even if it doesn’t apply to your specific route?

Not sure…🤷‍♂️

Well, I'm on the train now. We blew through Halethorpe at 120 mph, and usually we don't go faster than 100.
Goes to show that the broken passenger annunciation system does not determine the actual operative speed limits :D

Last edited:
I'm seeing that the Adirondack is being terminated at Sarasota Springs again, soon. Heat effects on track caused this last year as well.
The service suspension is not due to heat restrictions or anything like that. It is possibly due to embargo for track work on the CN segment in Canada

Back